Effective Management Tips2022-01-05
- Manage your own anxiety before you start managing other people.
- Don’t worry about how people are getting things done, just that they are. People will often work very differently from you, and that’s fine.
- If you can’t measure it, it probably doesn’t matter. If you can measure it, make sure your team understands what the expectations around those metrics are.
- When something isn’t happening to your satisfaction, attempt to find the root cause. It won’t always be what you initially guess.
- As a manager, think of yourself as a gardener, not a taskmaster. You’re attempting to facilitate development and productivity within your team.