- Consider whether you really need the meeting or whether a message in Slack or via e-mail would be more appropriate.
- Ensure you prepare a brief in advance including all pertinent context and information, and what outcomes you hope to achieve.
- Allow everyone to read through said brief in silence for a few minutes at the beginning of the meeting. Don’t expect them to read it beforehand.
- Ensure that meetings are small enough for everyone to participate. You
can record the meeting and provide it to someone who would be simply observing so that they can view it at their convenience.
- Make sure you read the other attendees and engage with them - if they seem bored or distracted, they likely are.